You know she’s strong, when she can speak about her weaknesses, you know she’s real, when she cries about her pain. You know she’s a survivor, when she picks herself up the very next day. you know she’s a savage, when she put herself in the feet of others and fights. you know she’s warrior, when she doesn’t pick her battles; she wouldn’t fight if it didn’t matter. You choose to be the victim until you decide to be your own hero. -clauschu
I know this is the part, of a year ago where I make my grand statements and giving a narrative to my ever uprooting life while I grow into the woman I am to become.
Let’s see if I can give my life justice on how it is:
- FACT: I am in the process of living in a dream called the future, I am already living the life I have on January!
- CHILD: I’ve been excited of my new life on January, since August, I’ve been counting the days!
- REGRET: I really wished our wedding was November 11, 2017… It would’ve been our 11th year anniversary on 11-11. So 11 for 11,11. ❤
- FACT: I have a core group of friends, my dazzling *Kourtney and *Mario back home in *Bataan and my *Rory in *New Hampshire
- REALIZATION: My Pop is extremely happy with my decision, although he’s scared that I’d live to regret my move to *Bataan. He’s been needing me to move back home, and I know he just doesn’t want to ask me himself, and it’d had to come from me. so I decided it was time.
- STANCE: My mom is always telling me that I’m not doing the “right decision”, like just when “I start shine so bright, I’m dimming my own light”. I think she is wrong, because ALL MY LIFE, well, ever since I decided to take my life into my own hands and trust God that he has a plan for me, I don’t look back, once I’ve made my decision, I give it my all, that’s it pancit, no lookin’ back. If I do start to doubt myself I remember that it’s my decision that I am here, it’s all on me, I have no one else to blame so I don’t look back, there’s no point but to move forward.
- DREAM: I am looking forward to just being *Rudolph’s wife and going on roadtrips and exploring the rest of *Poland .
- FACT: Work is work and work will be less hours and less days in the office, and I’ll get to cook food from the heart and the soul.
- REALIZATION: I think life will be good. It’s been a year and I haven’t used the hashtag #sarapngbuhay, I think if you don’t feel full from life or contented on where you are then it’s time to change.
- FEARS: I do hope it’s not like the last time I made a list of things that will make me happy, none of them came true, but I guess the difference is that I am going for it, I am pursuing happiness, and I’m not waiting for it to come to me.
~I want a life of #sarapngbuhay, small things, big things, it’s all the same, it’s the appreciation I am learning about myself to love. ~
I’m stuck in this place I call a job. It’s work, it pays the bills, it gives me the means to an end.
Love and passion is lost here/ Love and passion gets crippled here/ Corporate life isn’t for me. I live in a life that dances and prances, sways and moves to the beat of the drums and the crash of the waves.
I am currently in my new job for 3 months now, I fall in and out of love with it everyday. Everyday has new challenges and sometimes it’s just clear disappointments. I am missing my old job, even though I clearly had my heart on my sleeve for it and yet it didn’t love me back, I miss it. I miss the heat, the pressure, the challenge, the razor sharp fear of loosing my job and myself to my job. (whew! intense)
I’m gonna tell my events backwards and forwards now:
- My pop got a stroke scare, I am thinking of moving back home to take over the meat shop
- They say when you get engaged, all these temptations jump out, and by george is it true…. Ive had so many indecent proposals by very very very very cute guys, though only one actually got me to text back because of industry purposes.
- YES I HAVE REMAINED LOYAL and TRUE to my one and only man incase you were wondering.
- I think I’m playing a game in life, I’m not sure where I am really.
- I REALLY DON’T BELIEVE IN MARRIAGE, and I’M ENGAGED.
- My mom sucks for being mean, I mean she tells me one thing and goes around in circles, confuses me and then just leaves me whenever it concerns the wedding.
- My sister is always playing a game too, like I wish her cards could be all out in the open.
- My brother’s wife is really dear to me, but she’s not making it any easier for my brother, like it always comes down to making him choose between his old family and his new one, and my brother doesn’t see it even if I’ve told him a million times na.
- I think my fiancé will leave me. Like I have a bigger fear of loosing him now more than we were just dating.
FUck being engaged.
Last year January, I expected everything would change on it own, and it did not.
I had to make that change happen, albeit I quit my job that I loved but it didn’t love me, I moved back to my hometown on my own decision, and everything I expected to happen didn’t happen.
My lola passed away, before I really had any time to spend with her. My boyfriend and I were not married, or engaged, I thought my siblings were selfish because they never had time to hang out with me. All my bestfriends were too busy to hang as well, or they left the country. I had no steady job except of that with my father. (like chef life work is more than 10 hours, my pop’s was a solid 6-8.)
I felt I was dumping alot on my Father and Rapha, I felt like they were the only ones I could talk to or could understand me. I felt like I didn’t really have a home because I got myself stuck from going back and forth from Bacolod to Manila almost every weekend, until my spontaneous trip with a friend that I said “YES” to, not that I planned it but I realised I had to take matters into my own hands and stop expecting the world to move around me to push me to do things for me and to me.
I did take matters into my own hands, I went on trips every week, I enjoyed working for my Pop, I created my own type of meats, I spent time with my siblings and their kids, I hung out with friends on their own time whenever they could because of their schedules, I genuinely cared about the lives of other people and what they meant to me and I thanked my Pop and Rapha for being there for me profusely. I also got close to an old highschool friend of mine, and he helped me build my personality back, made me stop being dependent or expectant on the people around me and basically kicked my ass when I was being a sap and because he was a Chef too, I was open to his harshness and took his criticism, well we fought constantly but I accepted it.
When I “got back” to Manila my then-boyfriend proposed to me, and it’s still surreal! Everything I was hoping for, everything I was scared about, everything that made me cringe on the inside was moving forward and then I didn’t know how to deal with it, but I like him ALOT, and instead of him being my lifeline and marriage being the only way for my then-boyfriend to live was me; he proposed when I didn’t need a lifeline, when I was okay and I was sure of myself.
- I also got new job by the way, it’s my 3rd week now, and things are looking up
- I’m still friends with everyone from my old job
- My fiancé and I are now semi-planning the wedding
- I have a bestfriend, the type who will drop anything and everything (within reason, like doesn’t cause you your job or money)
- I’m friends with all my old friends from highschool
- The only thing I do regret is, I’m not any closer to my mom, and I feel like it’s something that I cannot fix but just accept. 😦
So, it’s always been #pazapaz for me, meaning #stepbystep 2016 was rough, and a blessing but it had to happen.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
’Lord, I’m not praying for miracles and visions, I’m only asking for strength for my days. Teach me the art of small steps.
Make me clever and resourceful, so that I can find important discoveries and experiences among the diversity of days.
Help me use my time better. Present me with the sense to be able to judge whether something is important or not.
I pray for the power of discipline and moderation, not only to run throughout my life, but also to live my days reasonably, and observe unexpected pleasures and heights.
Save me from the naive belief that everything in life has to go smoothly. Give me the sober recognition that difficulties, failures, fiascos, and setbacks are given to us by life itself to make us grow and mature.
Send me the right person at the right moment, who will have enough courage and love to utter the truth!
I know that many problems solve themselves, so please teach me patience.
You know how much we need friendship. Make me worthy of this nicest, hardest, riskiest and most fragile gift of life.
Give me enough imagination to be able to share with someone a little bit of warmth, in the right place, at the right time, with words or with silence.
Spare me the fear of missing out on life.
Do not give me the things I desire, but the things I need.
Teach me the art of small steps…
I am living life to the fullest. #LLTTF
I’m doing okay! Haha I’m not great but I’m OKAY.
The lowdown: (the highup if you’re being positive?)
- I’ve found ways to deal with my now-large family.
- I have a steady income under my Pop (which I’m leaving to go to Manila next month(yes, i know, i’m going back)).
- My boyfriend and I are on a steady place, I think I know this. (but we are definitely good)
- I do odd food-related jobs for extra pay.
- I go on spontaneous out-of-town trips.
- I’ve finished my goal for my Pop
- Everyone loves my tatt. 😉
- I recently went on an overnight trip with good friend, and he made me realise that I came home to get my personality back! and I Did! 🙂
- I do ALOT of cringe-worthy things and it’s okay, because I am human and I make mistakes. 🙂
- Things don’t have to be “grab or never” but “mmm, yeah I should and I will.”
I know I’m not a 100% okay since my lola passed away, and it was the hardest on me, because my old job was my priority, and I didn’t give her enough of my attention, my lola will never be around again for the big moments in my life.
I do miss the people in my old job, but we all have to move on and take solace and happiness wherever it shines on us.
I am spontaneous. I am free. I am a happy person. I am my own person. I have my pride in myself and that is good! Life is good.
Where I am right now:
I moved back to Bacolod temporarily. I quit my job. My boyfriend and my dog are in Manila. I don’t really have a car. My Lola is in the hospital. I have to get used to letting someone know where I’m going. I don’t have my own kitchen with my asian spices and herbs.
I am a butcher apprentice, I work magic with my hands and I didn’t know it was possible. 😊 I am grateful that I get to spend time with my parents. I am happy that I am getting to know my niece and nephew. I am happy that I can help my pop with his work and slowly give back to him whAt he has given me after 26 years. I am happy that I am cooking again, challenging myself with new and different concepts. I am traveling Around the Philippjnes, different week, different beach.
I am happy I don’t live alone anymore and that everything I did depended on my job and everything left of me was my job. I am learning to relax again… And this time I’ll balance job and life, then I can face everything again. 🦄🦄🦄
The thing is, I posted I wasn’t happy where I was before… Now I am.
I quit my job, I had to leave my job, the spark I once had, the initiative to love my work had vanished. I was pent up, torn up, full on raging, I wasn’t happy.
Being with the boyfriend (whom I have been seeing for the past 9 years) seemed the most important thing, because he was the only thing that got me through my depression, it place a huge toll on him and our relationship. I hated Manila though, all the smog and pollution… I again decided I had to leave.
So I left, with all the fireworks of my birthday and the biggest events. I felt like I was needed, and I felt the love of my crew, but I had to leave. I had made my decision, feeling needed wasn’t going to pay the bills anymore.
I took a month off thinking about work, and got dropped down in the center of my family that just became twice it’s size. My lola got sick before I even arrived and I still went vacationing around the country. I feel selfish and ungrateful for all the love my parents have shown me and the support they’ve given my family. I feel like I’ve disrespected them by siding on the wrong area…
I’ve never been totally been okay, since I left my job… My job was me, it has been me for the past 3 years, especially last year when all my thoughts were that. I’m finding my self now, I’m trying to live without struggling too much. My decisions are not always good.
I don’t have a wrap up message, but I’m just gonna end it here.